I got a text from one of my friends yesterday afternoon. She has been such a great supporter with my new blog. Since she knows I am trying new recipes, she forwarded me one to try. She loves it and it only requires three ingredients! Sold!! Well along with three ingredients you need a crockpot. Now a days though, who doesn't have one. Just dust off the cob webs cause you are going to want to try this recipe.
Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Verde
- 2 raw chicken about 7 ounces each (I only had frozen)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup "clean" chili verde sauce (Able to find at any health food store such as Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Sprouts, etc.)
- Place chicken in the slow cooker
- Pour crushed pineapple over chicken
- Pour chili verde sauce over chicken
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the chicken easily falls apart with tongs. Since my chicken was frozen I cooked mine for 6 hours.
*You can serve over brown rice or quinoa. I chose to eat mine with brown rice.
*I also added avocado on the side
This is such a great and easy recipe. Perfect for those that are short on time and for those that are "clean eating." Has your house smelling delicious. Thanks Debra for the recipe! If you have a recipe you would like me to try email me: email@example.com