Happy Sunday! I woke up nice and early, hung out with my dogs, and enjoyed a nice cup of tea before heading out to Woodward Park. Was able to get some amazing views as the sun was rising. These views really never get old. Makes for a better run if you ask me. It was supposed to be a slow easy run and I was surprised I had a really good pace. My run was followed by some quality foam rolling action. Hurt so bad but felt so good!
I took yesterday off and it was much needed. My left foot has really been causing me some problems. It started off with my heel and then it was my heel and arch. Now it's my heel, arch and shin (left foot only). Funny how your foot compensates and in return affects so many other areas if the main problem isn't fixed. I am really to blame for my foot pain though. I have not been wearing proper work shoes for my 12.5 hour shifts. Problem has now been solved though...$200 dollars later. Hopefully the pain will subside so my running isn't affected.
Anyways back to Sunday Reflections...
- Running: Considering my left foot was achy, I was still able to get in more than my weekly goal. By this pace I will be way over my monthly goal in just a few miles. Definitely something to take into consideration for October.
- H2O: I did a lot better! Can honestly say that everyday this week, I met my water intake requirement. Didn't wake up with any headaches or felt groggy in the mornings. What a difference a week makes!
- New Recipe: This week I did two amazing and easy recipes- Chocolate Oatmeal Protein Bites and Chicken Enchilada Soup. I got great feedback not only from my husband but also from friends and co-workers. I am glad people are enjoying these recipes. Currently cooking a new recipe so stay tuned for the recipe later today!
- Sleep: I received at least 7 hours of sleep everyday this week. It felt amazing! Now I know there will be days in the future where this will not happen, but I am just going to enjoy the fact that I accomplished my weekly goal.
- Treadmill Workout: Yeah this one did not happen this week. I felt like I kinda made up for it though, when I ran three miles on the treadmill after Zumba class. I know! I totally shocked myself. I hate running more than one mile on the treadmill but this time I was not bored or tired.
I had a pretty awesome week. Slowly increasing my mileage and healing my ailing foot. Makes me really excited for my next race in January. I keep looking at end of the year races to possibly sign up but i really need to listen to my body. Hope everyone else had a great week. More recipes and running next week!
Did you do anything exciting this weekend?
What was the best thing you did this past week?Follow my blog with Bloglovin