Can you believe that September is almost here? That means two things: my birthday is coming up and summer is close to ending. With August almost to an end, I wanted to take the time to reflect on what an amazing summer it has been. This city has so many things to offer from great restaurants, festivals, concerts, and of course the beaches. I've been soaking it all in and have truly enjoyed every second. I marvel at the fact that people come here for vacations and it just so happens to be my new home. San Diego is such a wonderful city but the summer just makes me appreciate how beautiful this city really is. Here are some of the top 5 things I have done this summer:
- BEACH TIME!: Honestly this has been the best part of my summer! I've enjoyed getting reacquainted to the many beaches around me. I still haven't visited all of them but it's nice to know that I have many options at my disposal. Living in Fresno for seven years really made me realize how much I took San Diego for granted. Honestly when I lived here before I rarely ever visited the beach and now I can't go longer than a week! My husband is still pinching himself that he lives this close to beaches.
- QUALITY FAMILY TIME: The primary reason I moved here was to be closer to family and this summer I have really made an effort to prove this. I see my parents almost weekly. I have monthly lunch dates with my cousin Elia. My niece and nephew often spend the night over at our house. I visit my grandmother and I hosted a house warming party at my house. I've also been extremely supportive and making myself available to my cousin Bianca as she undergoes her cancer/chemo/radiation treatments. My family is huge...you know how Mexican families can get! My grandmother had 13 children so that kind of gives you an idea. I honestly don't even know how many cousins I have! Obviously there are some family members I haven't really been able to spend time with but I have the rest of my life to catch up with them. There is no doubt in my mind that this was the best move for me and my family.
- RUNNING/HIKING: Well this one is a given since I love to run. But what I have truly enjoyed this summer is finding new running locations in San Diego. There are so many places to check out and I haven't even made a dent on my list of places to explore. This summer I also managed to run two half marathons: San Diego Rock N Roll Half Marathon and the Hell of A Half. Both were a lot of fun but unfortunately no PR in either one. I still have three more to go so here's hoping I land a PR! Oh and along with running I have really enjoyed hiking and hitting some trails. You wouldn't of guessed it but San Diego offers many hiking trails throughout the county. It has been a great way to cross train this summer. The views are pretty amazing which make the hikes worth while.
- BEER TASTING: San Diego is a huge craft beer mecca! I read somewhere that there are over 200 craft breweries within San Diego county. Crazy right!?!? Honestly you would never be able to check all of them out since so many keep popping up and others close in the process. It has been fun trying though! Also it seems like every weekend there is some type of beer festival. It just so happens that this Saturday we are checking out a beer/wine festival. Our good friends are coming down from LA to go with us. I am super excited since this is my birthday present from my husband.
- PETCO PARK: This summer my husband and I have been able to attend some baseball games at Petco Park. The park is the home of the San Diego Padres and it is amazing! It's newer and located in downtown so there are so many things to do before or after the game. Any seat in this stadium gives you great views but unfortunately the Padres haven't had a stellar summer. Their chances of making the playoffs are pretty slim. Oh well! At least I have great time when I am there. We've even talked about getting some season tickets in the future...way way way into the future!
HOW IS YOUR SUMMER GOING?
WHAT IS THE BEST THING YOU'VE DONE?
Other places you can find me:
I am linking up with with Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar On The Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What? for Friday Five.